In my previous post I was using for the center of my multi-layer flower a yo-yo. This is a very simple fabric flower which can be used as an accessorize itself or attached to a flower assembly.
1. You need:
– fabric cut in 2 size circles;
– scissors, needles, thread, beads;
2. Take a circle fabric and bend the margin inside. Start to stitch around as shown in the picture:
3. When you are done should look like this inside:
and like this on the other side:
4. After the whole circle is stitched as in the above picture, you can start to gather the thread:
5. Push the middle inside and arrange the pleats. Voila, you got your yo-yo. It is up to you if you would like to add a bead in the center or leave it empty:
6. At the end I got these small pretty ones:
Now you can use them individually as I did for multi layer flower or you can create a small brooch by sewing them together
I hope you enjoyed my tutorial!