I am back! Well, after 3 weeks off I cannot say I am very happy to be back to a normal life for the next 10-11 months but what else one can do? I have to admit that I was lazy during this holiday, doing almost nothing for improving my techniques, haven’t studied any new pattern but I was thinking seriously to transform this hobby in something commercial and why not, at the end of the day to have other people wearing and enjoying the result of my work. A task to think about for the next weeks and to develop into something concrete.
And as I promissed I come here with the tutorial for multi-layer flower. It is a medium difficulty project which requires more time than for a standard flower. The final flower consists on 3 layers of flower created based on the similar technique and one yo-yo center ( I will post the yo-yo in a different tutorial).
1. You need:
- fabric: i used both a linen fabric and chiffon/silk and in both cases the flowers look great. It is more difficult to work with linen but the result is very nice.
- 3 different size of bowls or glasses for cutting the circles;
- scissors, needles, thread;
2. Cut 6 circles of each size you want to have. I used (12cm, 7cm, 4cm). Fold the circle in half and then again in half, I missed to take a picture of this but at the end the petals should look like a triangle.
For easy work you can now iron the petals to keep the triangle shape when you will start stitching.
3. Continue with all 6 petals of the same size:
And here you have a flower for the first layer:
4. Using the same procedure, create the other 2 flowers. After you created the smallest one, create a yo-yo flower which will be the center of your big flower. Sew this yo-yo in the center of the smallest flower:
5. Now you are almost done. You can sew or glue the 3 flowers one over the other and this is the final brooch:
Hope you enjoyed.
Have fun doing this yourself!